Alright, so by now you know that this blog is about me taking on adventures in homesteading & homemaking! There are many useful things I didn't take the time to learn growing up, and now I am realizing how truly valuable they can be! Things such as cooking, cleaning, raising animals, gardening, and yes, how to fold a fitted sheet! How did I miss this!? Anyone else with me!?
Well, anyhow, I checked out a few you tube videos & a Martha Stuart tutorial on how to fold a fitted sheet! It took me a few tries and several tutorials to finally find one that made sense, but now . . . Wow! This is BRILLIANT!!!
As you can see in the picture above, usually my fitted sheet folding technique is not very pretty! I do not have a linen closet, only this little rubbermaid that slides under our bed. Learning how to fold a fitted sheet will definintely help conserve some space!
Here is my tutorial for you in case you're like me and missed this in FACS class! (previously known as Home-Ec, and currently unknown in most schools today . . . ):
3. Take the two corners you have your hands in from step #2, and bring them together.
4. Take the corner in your right hand, and fold it over the other hand (the corners originally in your right hand are now inside out over your left hand).
5. It now looks like this from the front.
6. This from the back.
7. When you lay your sheet on the bed, after you smooth it out it should look like this.
8. Fold the side with the elastic over.
9. Fold the other side over. Remember to smooth out!
10. You will now do another tri-fold the other way. Start with the "poofy" end first.
In the end, you should have something that looks like this! Yea! Success!
The hardest part is steps 3-6! I tried to explain it as simple as possible, but if that was still confusing (believe me I was very confused while trying to look at numerous tutorials), here is a you tube video I found most helpful!:
So I would love to know . . .
how many of you already knew how to fold a fitted sheet?
How many of you are like me, and had no clue!?