Happy 1 Month Miss Kyria!
Kyria turned one month old this past week! I can't believe it's been four weeks already! Wow! I've gotta soak up all of these moments, because they are already going by way too fast!
Now, we weren't planning to take pictures again until 3 months, but we are incredibly blessed to have my talented friend, Areke Worku as a photographer! She just lives about 5 minutes away and can come take pictures of Kyria just about whenever we want her! What a sweet friend! (Not only is she sweet, but this girl is talented! If you live in the Joplin, Missouri area you should definitely contact her for all your photography needs! She is just started out, and her prices are way too cheap! Take advantage while you can!)
So it's been one month. I thought I would write out a list of things that have been different than I anticipated! Here is goes:
1) Labor and contractions were not as bad as I expected.
2) Transition was longer than I anticipated.
3) Holy Cow! (only in India) (jk) pushing did not feel "good"!
4) I am so thankful to my doctor for giving me an episiotomy! Who knew?!
5) Recovery has been much better than I imagined! No excessive bleeding or painful constipation like I was told.
6) Breastfeeding hasn't been as difficult, nor was it as painful as everyone told me it would be at first (including when my milk came in). Plus I don't wake up drenched with leakage either! I am very proud of Kyria for being such a great eater!
7) I didn't realize how quickly I'd lose 20 lbs! Seriously! When I came home I had lost 10lbs. In two days I lost ten more!
8) That being said, I really thought I would be able to fit into my regular jeans and clothes after a month! Still have 8-10 lbs to go before I am back to pre-pregnancy weight. I really think this is worse than being pregnant! I have fewer clothes to choose from than ever!
9) Kyria doesn't cry near as much as I thought she would.
10) Kyria spits up a little more than I thought she would. I didn't think getting her to burp would be as difficult as it is sometimes.
11) Wow! I didn't realize she would be able to hold her head up so soon!
12) I didn't anticipate her tummy having such trouble digesting. She sometimes stays up from one feeding to the next because her tummy is working on something, or fighting gas.
13) I was nervous about getting Kyria in the carseat and traveling by myself (Skyler came with me a lot at first). Now I like getting out and about with my little girl.
14) I didn't know how she'd handle getting her pictures taken! She's such a little model! Perfectly photogenic, and no crying whatsoever!
15) I kept putting off using the pump because I wasn't sure what I was doing . . . it's a breeze, no big deal! We still haven't given her a bottle, but there is breastmilk in the freezer just in case.
16) Judging by where we put her pack-in-play/bassinet, I didn't think we'd be moving it into our room on the first night home! (It's still at the foot of our bed!)
17) I was told my relationship with Skyler would change, and that I would be all about the baby with little to no sex drive. Not true. I adore this man, and seeing him love on our little girl makes me that much more attracted to him! I am anxiously awaiting the green light from my doctor! ;)
18) I wasn't sure how I would be at all this momma stuff, and I was nervous about so many little things! Like anything, though, when the practice is part of your daily life it becomes much more comfortable and easy. God created us for this, and He gives us just the grace we need to conquer every moment.
19) I never thought I would miss her so much! Anytime I am gone for even just a few minutes, I can't wait to get back home with my baby and cuddle with her!
20) Many people say a baby will "be a drain on your life", some even say "suck the life right out of you" . . . no, no, no - giving everything I have, falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, being willing to sacrifice whatever I need to for the benefit of one of God's children, doing exactly what I was created for . . . this is TRULY LIVING!
I am loving every minute of being a momma! It is better than I could have every dreamed!