"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." ~ Ephesians 3:20
I have been overwhelmed as of late with God's goodness and faithfulness! I am not sure why I underestimate these attributes of His character so often. Perhaps it is because I realize how incredibly undeserving I am. I assume that God wouldn't want to bless me with good gifts, because I am not worthy. Oh, but God is GRACIOUS! He loved us while we were yet sinners (Romans 5:8), and if He gave us His very own Son, then how will he not also give us all good things!? (Romans 8:32).
"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" ~ Matthew 7:11
Most of the time though, I'm afraid we have a skewed vision of who God is. We think He created the law and "all those rules" to keep us under his thumb, and to suck the life right out of us! That is a lie we believe because we aren't in the Word. God's Word says He wants to give us life! . . . No, not just life . . . Abundant Life! (John 10:10) Like Paul I pray . . .
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." (Eph 3:16-19)
"Remember His marvelous works which He has done,"
~ Psalm 105:5I believe one of the best ways to come to a better understanding of God is to give thanks for the wonders He has done! Here are a few of the blessings and miracles Skyler and I have seen Him work in our life as we stepped out in faith, and put our trust completely in Him!:
- When Skyler and I first met, God asked us both to let Him lead. We didn't have a typical "dating" relationship. God gave us a love story that is so much better than any movie, we are forever thankful that we waited for and trusted Him to bring us His VERY BEST! (You can read more about our story here & here.)
- Just before Skyler and I were married, we had planned to buy his Grandpa's old house. It was a perfectly fine little house, and we were both content to make it our home. God had bigger plans than we could have imagined. We decided to check out some other houses, because the market was so great for buyers and we wanted to find the best deal. God was FAITHFUL! As Skyler and I looked at houses, we commented on all the little details we liked - from a white front porch, metal roof, shop, land, wood beams, etc. etc. When we told our realator what we were looking for and the price range, she sorta laughed and told us that might be hard to find! Have I mentioned . . . OUR GOD IS GOOD!!! He gave us this amazing little country house with every detail we talked about! He also molded our hearts, and is currently turning the country house into "A Blossoming Homestead" where we are raising chickens, growing a garden and an orchard, and learning to be good stewards of all His blessings!
- A little over a year ago Skyler and I took a giant leap of faith and decided to quit trying to control our lives. We gave up trying to have it all figured out, and realized God had a VERY BEST plan for us if we would just let go! Since then God has . . .
- Allowed us to get pregnant with Kyria, and have a healthy pregnancy! We can't wait to meet her!
- Allowed me to resign from teaching public school, and now I get to stay at home as a full time wife and momma! . . . Skyler and I knew we were committed to this once we had babies, but we didn't know how to make it work so soon! I still had student loans to pay off! Did I mention . . . GOD IS FAITHFUL! We stepped out on faith, and God came through yet again (as Always!)! My student loans will be completely paid off at the end of this summer - 2 years ahead of "our plan"!
- Allowed Skyler to pursue an entreprenurial endeavor - going into business with his Dad! Even though this was a thought for the future, it became a reality much sooner than expected! Of course this was all in God's perfect timing because we were praying that He would open an opportunity for Skyler since we would now be living on one income with a new baby! Even though it didn't seem possible from a rational human perspective - God's ways are above and beyond our own! (Isaiah 55:8)
- Allowed us to get every single baby item we had on our list! So thankful for our friends and family for being so generous!
- Allowed us to get a new-to-us vehicle! Seriously, we had already installed Kyria's carseat in the 1992 two-door lumina despite advice from many others to go into debt for something better. We were content with the blessings God had already given us, and knew that if He wanted to give us a different vehicle He would do it. Wouldn't you know, God gave us an amazing vehicle big enough for several more kiddos, and it was the exact price we had saved up! Crazy!
Wow! These are just a few of the many things I could mention!!
What has God done in your life!? We would love to hear your testimony! Let's encourage one another, and share all the ways He has shown His GOODNESS and FAITHFULNESS!!